While clos are present in legions in Cote d’Or, they are very rare in Beaujolais. Le Clos des Quatre Vents comprises 30 acres and the vineyards surround a beautiful building screened by pine trees along the hill that borders the village of Fleurie. Forty-four acres of vineyards were owned by Dr. Darroze from 1955 until 2005. From 2005 his wife and children took over the management of the property. Lovingly tended by winemakers Bruno and Andre Montangeron Marion, Clos des Quatre Vents has excellent exposure and
magnificent granite soil. Georges Duboeuf has purchased the entire production of the estate for 30 years.